The purpose of Caltrans’ Disadvantaged Business Enterprise/Supportive Services (DBE/SS) Program is to increase the total number of certified DBE firms active in the federal-aid highway construction and professional services industries and contribute to their growth and eventual self-sufficiency. Caltrans’ DBE/SS Program will provide services to DBEs and potential DBEs to help develop, or improve, immediate and long-term business management skills as well as increase the DBE firm’s capacity, record keeping, financial, and accounting capabilities. Development of these skills will help expand opportunities for DBE firms to participate in a variety of highway-related work and handle increasingly significant projects.
- Needs Assessments
- Business Plan Development
- Strategic Planning
- Labor Compliance
- Contract Funding
- DIR Registration
- DBE Certification
- Certified Payroll
- Proposal Writing
- Entity Registrations
- Financial Analysis
- Capabilities Statements
- Opportunity Sourcing
Email us at DBESS@miracosta.edu or call us at 442-262-2390!
IS THERE A COST?
No! This program is funded on your behalf by Caltrans.
MIRACOSTA COLLEGE PAST PERFORMANCE
- Helped 500 small businesses obtained certifications: federal, state, and local
- Helped over 100 firms obtain DBE Certification
- Presented more than 300 opportunities to small business
- Helped more than 100 small businesses with bidding/proposal writing
- Since 2010, counseled over 2,000 small businesses resulting in $376,732,009
- Counseled over 11,000 small businesses, almost 64,000 hours
- Conducted almost 2,500 events for small businesses with almost 45,000 attendees
- Host to Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Veteran’s Business Outreach Center (VBOC), Center of Excellence, and Deputy Sector Navigator Program (DSN)