Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Caltrans District 8, in partnership with District 7 and District 12, cordially invite you to attend the upcoming Calmentor mentor/protégé business matchmaking event for Architectural & Engineering (A&E) firms. The event will provide a networking forum for A&E consultant/professional service firms seeking to do business with Caltrans and other public agencies. The Calmentor mission is to increase Architectural & Engineering small business participation in transportation projects. You'll learn about the program, hear from former Calmentor participants, learn about support services for small Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) firms, and learn how to register for the upcoming mentor/protégé application cycle.
For more information and to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/caltrans-calmentor-meet-greet-for-architectural-and-engineering-firms-tickets-50670804741
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This event is intended for small A&E firms seeking to do business with Caltrans and seasoned prime A&E firms willing to mentor firms with little to no experience with state contracting. All firms, large and small, benefit by establishing and building relationships with potential contracting partners.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Remarks from the Caltrans District Directors
- Presentation by Caltrans Architectural & Engineering Consultant Services Unit
- Presentation by Cheryl Brown, the Senior Business Advisor of the Small Business Development Center
- Presentation by Andres Roldan, the Area Manager from AECOM, previous Calmentor participant
- Networking opportunity for large and small A&E firms
For more information about the Calmentor program, please visit the website at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/d7/programs/calmentor/index.html
Monday, September 24, 2018
The purpose of Caltrans’ Disadvantaged Business Enterprise/Supportive Services (DBE/SS) Program is to increase the total number of certified DBE firms active in the federal-aid highway construction and professional services industries and contribute to their growth and eventual self-sufficiency. Caltrans’ DBE/SS Program will provide services to DBEs and potential DBEs to help develop, or improve, immediate and long-term business management skills as well as increase the DBE firm’s capacity, record keeping, financial, and accounting capabilities. Development of these skills will help expand opportunities for DBE firms to participate in a variety of highway-related work and handle increasingly significant projects.
- Needs Assessments
- Business Plan Development
- Strategic Planning
- Labor Compliance
- Contract Funding
- DIR Registration
- DBE Certification
- Certified Payroll
- Proposal Writing
- Entity Registrations
- Financial Analysis
- Capabilities Statements
- Opportunity Sourcing
Email us at DBESS@miracosta.edu or call us at 442-262-2390!
IS THERE A COST?
No! This program is funded on your behalf by Caltrans.
MIRACOSTA COLLEGE PAST PERFORMANCE
- Helped 500 small businesses obtained certifications: federal, state, and local
- Helped over 100 firms obtain DBE Certification
- Presented more than 300 opportunities to small business
- Helped more than 100 small businesses with bidding/proposal writing
- Since 2010, counseled over 2,000 small businesses resulting in $376,732,009
- Counseled over 11,000 small businesses, almost 64,000 hours
- Conducted almost 2,500 events for small businesses with almost 45,000 attendees
- Host to Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Veteran’s Business Outreach Center (VBOC), Center of Excellence, and Deputy Sector Navigator Program (DSN)